A book is just a book right? Not in the case of "Treasure Kai and the Lost Gold of Shark Island" by Karen Guinn Robertson. This was one of the most unique books I have ever seen - and for someone who has read hundreds of them, that is saying something!
This is not only a book, it is a toy, a game, and an adventure rolled all into one. My children have spent literally hours opening the toy chests, and reading and acting out the stories (and making up their own).
Book for Children Ages: 4 years old and up (the book recommends 6-9 years old, but my 3 and 4 year old boys loved this book).
- Do you think Kai was dreaming?
- What was your favorite adventure and why?
- If you could go on an adventure anywhere, where would you want to go?
- Create your own scavenger hunt complete with map and treasure.
- Have your children make a map of their neighborhood and add in imaginary adventure places.
- Use boxes to make a maze through your house that your kids can explore.
Children's Book Review Rating: 5 Stars - Beautiful Book *