Everyone loves Bubba Brayna's famous latkes. They smell so good, the attract the attention of a local hungry bear, who Bubba mistakes for the local hungry Rabbi. Hilarity ensues as the bear eats all the latkes and even walks off with the Rabbi's gift.
In the end, the whole town gets a laugh and latkes too as the work together to make more delicious potato pancakes.
Books for Children Ages: 2 years old and older
Recommended for Family Reading: Yes
Related Discussion Topics: Chanukkah traditions, sharing with others, helping.
- Make latkes and top with sour cream or applesauce.
- Make your own scarves as gifts or to keep warm.
- You will need: fleece fabric, measuring tape, scissors
- What you do:
- cut the fabric to the size and length desired for the scarf
- cut strips 1-2" wide at the end of the scarf to make the tassels
- tie knots in the tassels for decoration
- Take turns dressing up in a big coat and act out the story
Children's Book Review Rating: 4 Stars - Beneficial Book