Every child at some point in time has trouble expressing just what they are feeling. Karen Cuthrell's response to this was to create a band of characters called the "The Feeling Friends " who kids can feel comfortable interacting with when they need to get their feelings out in a constructive way.
Book for Children Ages: 2 years old to 6 years old
Related Discussion Questions:
- How do you feel right now?
- What things make you feel happy, sad, etc.?
- What are some good things to do when you have those feelings?
- Draw a picture of the Feeling Friend that shows how you are feeling right now.
- Make a chart with lots of different faces showing things like happy, sad, and angry. Practice using it to help your child identify what they are feeling.
- Play the music CD and dance!
- Have your child make up their own song about feelings and perform it for the rest of the family.
- Think about someone you know who might be feeling scared or sad and send them a card to cheer them up.
Children's Book Review Rating: 4 Stars*