It is time to go to bed. But first, it is time to take a walk, greet the night, and enjoy all the beauty of twilight just as the moon comes out. I was not sure which was more beautiful, the illustrations that manged to be bright and colorful while still soft and calming, or the lovely text, which pulled off the amazing feat of rhyming in two different languages while keeping the same meaning.
"Hello Night, Hola Noche" by Amy Costales is a wonderful multilingual book will become a bedtime favorite whether your first language is English or Spanish. The imaginative and artistic painting-like illustrations will give children lots to look at and enjoy while they are snuggled up in their own pajamas ready for bed.
Book for Children Ages: Infant to 4 years old
- What do we do for our bedtime routine?
- You may want to limit discussion time for a bedtime book as that encourages your child's mind to be more active and makes it more difficult to go to sleep.
- If your child cannot see the moon or the stars from their bed, make some instead. Use brightly colored poster board paper and together draw and cut out shapes for the moon and the stars. Tape them to the ceiling, or hang them from string for a 3-D effect.
- Walk around the house together before bed and say good night to all the things you see.
- Practice saying the Spanish and English words. Label items in your house with both the English and Spanish words so your child can see what the word looks like.
Children's Book Review Rating: 5 Stars - Beautiful Book