In today's modern age of grocery stores, supermarkets, and fast food, it is so important to share with our children where food comes from - which is why I love the Tangerine and Kiwi books!
"Tangerine and Kiwi Visit the Cheese Maker" By Laila Heloua is no exception. While many children know where fruits and vegetables come from, something like cheese is a little more removed.
Book for Children Ages: 3 years old to 8 years old
- What is your favorite kind of cheese?
- How many parts of the trip can you think of from when a cow first gives milk until you have cheese at home for your meal?
- What are some ways that Tangerine and Kiwi work together in this book?
Activities for Kids:
- If you are able, visit a farm.
- Make the cheese fondue recipe in the back of the book. Note: this is a wonderful opportunity to expose your children to new vegetables, as they suddenly become cool when beautifully sliced and dipped into cheese.
- Make a picture of a farm. Draw animals, buildings, etc. or cut out pictures for a magazine and glue together on a piece of paper to create your farm.
Cultural Diversity: Unfortunately, this book does not have as much diversity as some of the other books in this series.
Children's Book Review Rating: 5 Stars - Beautiful Book