This week for the holiday my family and I took a fantastic road trip spanning 4 different states. Someday I hope to visit all 50 States with our kids (so far we have been to 7, plus one territory in Canada). Now we have a book to read all about each one!
"Fifo 50 States" by Hayley Rose is one of the best introductions to all 50 of the United States that I have ever seen for younger children. Each page is simple, and gives a couple facts about each state. Bonus - there is lots more information about that state in the illustration, so you can keep going back with your kids again and again to learn more about the States.
Book for Children Ages: 3 years old to 8 years old
- What State do you live in?
- What States have you visited?
- Where would you like to visit?
- Name some things that are unique about where you live?
- Get out a map and look up where different states are located.
- See how many different things you can notice in the illustrations about each state.
- Draw your own picture of where you live and some of the things that make it special to you.
- Plan an imaginary road trip and all the places you would go.
Children's Book Review Rating: 5 Stars - Beautiful Book